Currently on leave
Barreau du Québec, 2017
514-849-2403 Ext. 237
Olivier Jarda’s practice is focused on Aboriginal, constitutional and administrative law. He also has experience in civil and commercial litigation and in environmental law.
During his studies at McGill University’s Faculty of Law, Olivier clerked at the Tribunal administratif du Québec and interned at the Commission for Environmental Cooperation. He was executive editor of the McGill Journal of Sustainable Development Law and worked as a summer law student for Ecojustice.
Before studying law, Olivier completed an MPhil in International Relations at the University of Oxford as a Rhodes scholar. He was also a policy associate at the Center for International Policy in Washington DC and a research and statistics officer in the Nova Scotia Department of Education.
Olivier practices in English and French.
- Saint Mary’s University, Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Political Science & Economics, 2007
- University of Oxford, MPhil in International Relations, 2009
- McGill University, Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) / Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), 2016
ARTICLES, PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Environmental Law: What We Can Do to Democratize Information”, interview and presentation at InfoNexus, an annual conference run by McGill’s School of Information Studies, February 2015.
- Taxation as Environmental Policy in Canada: A Look at the Contemporary Landscape, in Rodolfo Boix, ed., La Protección Ambiental a Través del Derecho Fiscal/Environmental Protection Through Tax Law 283-308 (Universidad Nacional de Córdoba 2015), with Allison Christians.
- The Pan-Canadian Carbon Tax: A Constitutional Perspective, in Rodolfo Boix, ed., Aspectos Constitucionales Contrevertidos de la Tributación Ambiental (Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, 2018), with Allison Christians and Stephanie Hewson.